Support services for European students
- helps the prospective students in requiring the necessary documents for legal equivalence of their non-Portuguese secondary education courses and admission exams.
- Help with the application for, and the enrollment into, one of the Instituto Piaget courses;
- Reception of new students at the corresponding Higher Education Schools and University Institutes;
- Regular meetings with the Higher Education Course Coordinators;
- Workshops on Information Technology and Library use;
- helps the prospective students to find housing in the areas neighbouring the Campus
Instituto Piaget helps the prospective students to find housing in the areas neighbouring the Campuses of Almada, Santo André, Vila Nova de Gaia and Silves.
There is also a Student Residence in the University Campus of Viseu with 22 double rooms, 24 single rooms and 9 apartments with a full bathroom, equipped with all the necessary facilities, such as heating, furniture, study rooms, entertainment rooms, a book library, a media library, a laundry, a kitchen and a canteen.
Other support services*
- Portuguese as a Foreign Language courses
- Extracurricular French or English courses
(*) Attendance subject to prior enrollment and payment of the corresponding fees.
Conditions of Admission
Applicants must cumulatively fulfill the following:
- Hold a Portuguese Secondary Education Certificate or a legally equivalent degree;
- Have passed, in the country of origin, and with a minimum grade that is equal or superior to 9.5 in 20, the final National Exams for secondary education that correspond to the Admission Exams required by the intended higher education course in Portugal.
1. Request for equivalence of secondary education level
Candidates must apply for equivalency of secondary education level in a secondary school in Portugal.
Candidates need to present the follow documents:
- Requirement – Fill out the requirement to request equivalency of secondary education level at a portuguese secondary school;
- Certificate of educational qualifications completed with success, including information on the course attended and their final classification or final grade. This certificate must be authenticated by the consular services and embassies of Portugal based in the country of origin, or Hague Apostille for countries that joined the Hague Convention. If not in Portuguese must submit the original and the translation certified by a translator;
- Legible photocopy of ID document;
- May be required additional documentation.
2. Request for replacement the final exams held in the country of origin, to access to higher education
In Office of Acess to Higher Education in Portugal. Find more information at – Gabinete de Acesso ao Ensino Superior – DGES
What you need
- The requirement for replacement the final exams held in the country of origin to access to higher education.
- Certificate of educational qualifications completed with success, including information on the course attended and their final classification or final grade;
- Information of classification obtained in the final exams of secondary education course;
- Document of Equivalence to the Portuguese secondary education level, including the final classification of the course, converted to a scale from 0 to 200. This document is the mentioned in the point 1;
- Legible photocopy of ID document.
Instituto Piaget helps the prospective students in requiring the necessary documents for legal equivalence of their non-Portuguese secondary education courses and admission exams.
For more information send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can be made through by email: email@example.com, or directly in Instituto Piaget Campus.
Documents to be submitted at the Registry of an Instituto Piaget Campus:
- Identification document;
- Secondary School Certificate/Diploma (12th year of schooling) or its legal equivalent, including the name of the attended course/s and the final grade/s or classification/s; *
- Certificate, issued by a secondary school in Portugal, of the equivalence of a non-Portuguese secondary school course to the Portuguese one, including the name of the attended course/s and the final grade/s or classification/s;
- Document, issued by the Portuguese Directorate General for Higher Education (DGES), stating that the passed non-Portuguese admission exams are equivalent to the Portuguese ones, or the copy of the corresponding requirement, or then a document certifying the submission of such a requirement
(*) The Certificate/Diploma has to be authenticated by the Portuguese Consulate or Embassy in the country of the student’s origin, or bear the Hague Apostille for the countries that have signed the Hague Convention.
If the documents are issued in a language other than Portuguese, they have to be translated (official translation), and submitted together with the previously authenticated originals.
The the value of Tuition and fees, are set for each cycle of studies by the Piaget Institute Board in each academic year. The values are posted in the Financial Regulation.
The students are welcomed and informed on the formalities and procedures they have to follow during their stay, namely:
- Choose a place for permanent residence in Portugal (an apartment or a house);
- Deal with legal formalities: register at the local Parish Council, register at the Health Center in the area of residence, and open a bank account;
- Make an appointment at the Portuguese Service for Foreigners and Borders (Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras).
- Apply for Residence Permit.
The currency used in Portugal is the Euro (€). Students should bring some pocket money for their first expenses, such as transportation, food, etc.
School calendar: For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The amounts referring to tuition and fees are set by the Instituto Piaget Board for each cycle of studies and each academic year separately, and published in Instituto’s Financial Regulations.